Monday, March 8, 2010

WHT's cake revisited













When I went to the recipe box to share this one with you,
I realized just how perfect this recipe card is.  

Take a look --

















Why you ask?  Here are the reasons -

1. It's in my Nana's handwriting.
2. It's on a piece of paper from a homemade paper tablet my Dad made.
3. I've never made this before yet you can tell it's been well loved -
     see the stains from ingredients on it?  
4. My Nana pulled this right out of her recipe box and gave it to me.
5. It has "exact" measurements - like a pinch and the range for the margarine.

See it's perfect!

Ok - so on to the reason you are here - the sweet stuff.

White Crumb Cake
Cake-
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cup sugar
pinch of salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 to 3/4 cup margarine (I used butter)
1 egg (beaten)
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla

Crumbs -
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
2-3 tsp crisco (I used butter)

Mix batter and spread in 13x9 pan.
Make crumbs and then cover batter.
Sprinkle top with cinnamon to taste.
Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.





1 comment:

Christy said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe. And I do love the recipe card. Can tell it has been much loved!

 
Site Meter