My sister and I are on vacation together in Helen, GA. Wait till I have some pictures to show you this little Alpine village tucked in Northern GA.
Anyway - somethings never change.
Last night at dinner, I laughed so hard and so long I almost wet my pants. My sister was absoultely no help because everytime I looked at her I would start all over again. We had decided to get some potato pancakes for an appetizer and share a wurst sampler for dinner. The laughing all started because I asked the waitress what type of wurst was what to which she replied "That's sausage, that's pork, and that's pork." I'm laughing uncontrollably now again... I couldn't even ask the question again to clarify. I thought she might also help me figure out the mashed potatoes from the sauerkraut, but I couldn't ask through the giggles. I'm still not sure which one I liked the best - Bratwurst, Knockwurst or Baurenwurst...... I don't even remember which was pork and which was sausage.
So after reading this story, you may not be laughing so hard you are going to lose it like I was/am - but is your sister in the room? Go get her and maybe (if you are lucky) you'll laugh your head off at something this silly. If you don't have a sister - a best friend would probably do. I'd highly recommend trying it because - man, it felt good.
Back to the vacation -- today we had a fun day driving around the local area, wandering in and out of shops, and finding tasty things to eat.
I don't have any pictures because we don't have a card reader with us. I'm sure I'll have a few to share when we get home. Even one of the unidentified wursts!
Since I don't have a new picture, here we are 20 years ago in Disney....
If only we still had the sunglasses - I'm sure that would start another laughing fit.
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment