Anna had her first apple picking experience on this side of the womb a few weekends ago. If you remember last year's
trip, I was 7 almost 8 months pregnant so I'm sure the view was quiet different for her.
 |
| She was so excited while we were taking these pictures. |
Anna LOVES apples. Anna does NOT love applesauce. Lucky for her, we were picking apples not the sauce! :) She gummed on a slice of apple the entire time we were in the orchard. She typically will drop things she's holding after a while (this may be on purpose, you know the pick up game) but we had to pry the apple away when it was time to get her cleaned up.
 |
| Anna's first wagon ride. She wasn't so sure about it and was holding on for dear life. |
The weather was super and although we missed out on apple donuts the trip was a success. After the orchard and a quick stop at the farmers' market, we came home with a half bushel of apples and over fifty pounds of tomatoes. The tomatoes are all frozen now. Yep, all of them. Our freezer looks funny with bag after bag of frozen whole tomatoes. I lost count at twenty-five bags They will hopefully last for the next year and prevent us from needing to eat canned. We've eaten half of the apples and I've started (slowly) making applesauce with the other half. While she still won't really eat it plain, she does enjoy her own version of applesauce oaties (aka applesauce in her oatmeal) for breakfast. Well, some mornings she likes it, other mornings she's more interested in finding ways to not eat it. On those mornings I try to entice her with a banana. This typically works but then again not always.
 |
| If he stood just right, she was totally in his shadow and out of the sun. |
 |
I think she heard me mention making sauce out of some of the apples.
Note the disapproval on her face. |
 |
| Checking out the boxes of tomatoes at home. |
No comments:
Post a Comment