Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Swim Baby Swim

We made it to the pool for the first time last night.  Baby in one hand, camera in the other, we were ready! Of course, we also had a super cute cloth swim diaper and one of her many swimsuits with us as well.  It seemed like Anna wasn't sure about the water at first.  She just sat in my lap or stayed still when I held her out in the water.  She eventually realized she could kick and splash the water and there was no turning back.  I'm not sure she was totally ready to be dunked, but as great parents - we did it anyway.  I then spent the rest of the night convinced she swallowed too much water and checked on her in her bed no less than seven times in three hours.  As much as she enjoyed kicking around in the water, I'm sure we will be back many times.  We'll work on the going under thing, and probably buy a tube for her to float AND kick in!  

Sitting on the stairs and getting to know the water.

What just happened to me?!?!?!
She never cried, just coughed and gasped a bit.

Look at that smile!  She's a water baby!
 
On the way home with Daddy.


2 comments:

Holly said...

Awesome!! so excited for the beach!!

abby said...

lookin' good! can't wait to see her swim! :) Ditto Holly - ready for the beach!

 
Site Meter