Monday, November 14, 2011

Treasure Hunt

Our friend turned 7 at the beginning of the month, and we were invited to help celebrate.  So off we went to a local park to gem mine!  The water was freezing but we all had a good time.  Afterwards, we had cake and pizza at their house complete with gifts and singing.  We ordered a cheese pizza with extra sauce and no cheese for me.  It wasn't a typical pizza but it was close enough for this dairy free girl!  I'm so glad we are neighbors again and can help celebrate birthdays as well as the normal days in between.
I was there seven years ago when Clark was born.  I held him when he was no more than few minutes old. I got to witness their family expand from three to four. It was a special day and seems like just yesterday.  I know the next six years will go by just as quickly if not quicker due to the lack of sleep at our house not theirs, and we will be celebrating Anna's seventh birthday.  Eek! Probably shouldn't think about it and just focus on the birthday coming up in a few weeks. 

Here's a link to the pictures from our Gem Mining Trip.


No comments:

 
Site Meter