Sunday, March 25, 2012

Baby Shower Fun

I hosted a baby shower yesterday, and I know some of you are interested in pictures. So here goes.

The Mama-to-be is one of my dear friends, and I'm so glad she accepted my offer to give her a shower.  I had some help from another dear friend - my sewing partner in crime  -for the decorations and food.  We planned a small shower with just a few close friends. I went with a yellow and white flower theme.  We decorated onesies for the new baby with fun fabric appliques. I was so impressed with the creativity of all the girls.  That baby is going to have some of the cutest handmade summer outfits!  I have some hand stitching to do on each to finish the applique process and to add a few details here and there.  So when you look at the pictures below, imagine eyes, bird feet, whale spouts, etc.  The menu included: Sweet Humus Chicken Salad, Lentil and Kale Salad, Fresh Fruit Salad, Baked Zucchini and Cauliflower Sticks with Sweet Onion Dip, and Cupcake Rattles.  I set up a make your own flavored lemonade stand.  I had a pitcher of lemonade and four fruit purees to mix in: Strawberry, Peach, Raspberry, and Cherry.  It was such a lovely evening.  The only bad thing of the whole evening was I forgot to take a picture of all the girls! I'm sad about this.....and to think, I call myself a photographer!  Here are the pictures I took or A took for me before he escaped with Little A to hang out with the Daddy to be.


Plain onesies helped decorate the room before we decorated them.




Cupcake Rattles!


The finished products.












 
Site Meter