A weekend of firsts - Clemson's first football game, a first meeting, a first temper tantrum, and a thirty-first birthday cookie.
We went to Clemson on Saturday for the game but only to tailgate. We spent some time visiting with friends and had the opportunity to walk across campus as well. The weather was beautiful, especially in the shade. I broke one of my own rules and didn't put sunscreen on even when I watched my husband put it on. So, I have sunburn to prove my stupidity. We watched the game at my sister's place and hung out with her and some friends for the afternoon.
On Sunday, we went to meet our friends' new baby for the first time. What a precious little guy. Everyone is doing really well, and we had a great photo shoot while we were there. There were four adults and all had a job during the shoot. Two were armed with cameras, one with a light reflector, and one of course to tend to the baby as needed... There were multiple wardrobe changes and backdrop adjustments - it was so much fun. Baby S better watch out! We did laugh about the fact that the camera shutter is going to be a calming sound for our baby. Our subject was two weeks old and was a star.
Here, the newest tiger fan is practicing showing the frustration of being a true Clemson fan.
We know buddy - it's tough somedays.
Now, as I mentioned, we experience a fist temper tantrum. So, you are probably thinking the picture above is what I'm referring to - but no we are talking about a Baby S temper tantrum. Why or How you might ask? Well, the little guy above had something to do with it....
We are going to have to work on sharing as soon as Baby S gets here! Our little one was not having it when it was my turn to hold the new baby. I actually laid the baby back in his pack and play because he was sound asleep but being kicked so hard that he was flinching...aww. I probably held the baby for about 20 minutes and the kicking from the inside didn't stop until I put him down! So, maybe Baby S sensed a friend and wanted to play, OR like I already suggested, maybe someone didn't want to share their mom.
Now on to 31st birthday cookies - it's that time of year again and my other half is celebrating his birthday. We spent the afternoon with his family and took his grandmother out to dinner. We all stuffed ourselves at dinner but managed to have a bite or two of his birthday cookie. Speaking of which - I think it's snack time again now. I'm going to cut myself a piece and pour myself a big glass of milk and dig in.
Happy Labor Day!





2 comments:
love it! all of it!
Your photos are AMAZING. I've been browsing through them all here on the blog today and I am blown away.
Post a Comment