This weekend we had some friends visit from Virginia and we packed the weekend full. My weekend officially started early since I had Friday off because of some late late nights my team put in earlier in the week at work. I spent the day at home doing some chores and running some errands. I tried to imagine how a baby will fit in to all of that and I think Baby S will fit just fine! Friday night was spent at the soccer field as Davidson hosted Furman and we got to see my sister! The game went into overtime only to still end in a tie.
Saturday we went to South Mountains State park and did a hike we had done back in June. We hiked out to the waterfall and everyone took lots of pictures. After all the pictures were taken we had probably spent a good 45 minutes at the waterfall and posed for one last shot a group.
After our hike we found a picnic table in the shade and enjoyed lunch. I love picnics and wish we did more of them. I'll have to work on that. Saturday night we watched some football and had Papa John's for dinner.
Sunday morning we headed down to the botanical gardens in the rain. We weren't worried about the weather because we were mainly interested in the greenhouse. There has been a special exhibit the month of September focusing on butterflies. There were many newly hatched butterflies in the greenhouse but we didn't realize just how new until we were about to leave. They had cocoons out on display while waiting for the butterflies to hatch at the same time. There were cocoons at all stages and it kinda felt like science class again but cooler.
Taking some time to let her wings dry.
This little one hadn't even moved away from the cocoon yet.
Shirley two and two thirds.





No comments:
Post a Comment