A homemade egg roll was a foreign concept to me. (pun not intended) For whatever reason there are a few foods that just seem down right impossible to make from scratch. Egg rolls were probably at the top of the list. Our friends had great success with the recipe they found, so I thought I should at least try it.
In the end, we made the egg rolls with our friends. We doubled the batch and now each have a nice little stash in the freezer for stir fry nights. (or late night cravings) In the end we made 77 egg rolls and I will admit that I only rolled about 7 of those. I did, however, make sweet and sour sauce to dip the egg rolls in while they were rolling.
The egg rolls turned out great so I guess I should revisit the "can't be made from scratch" list and see what else I can whip up.
I envisioned a great blog post about this recipe. Gorgeous pictures of each ingredient and the different steps. But we got to talking, laughing, and having a good time that we only have a few pictures of the recipe. Oh well, the fellowship in the kitchen and around the table is more important anyway. Here are the few pictures from our egg rolling experience.
![]() |
| He was so excited about his carrot shredding job! |
![]() |
| Recipe reader and baby holder. BTW - Anna thought the carrot shredding was very interesting, as you can see she's watching him intently. |
![]() |
| Stirring the pot. |
![]() |
| One head of cabbage, six carrots, and two pounds of ground pork. |
![]() |
| We went for broke and fried the egg rolls. |





No comments:
Post a Comment