Anna's first vacation will go down in the books as her trip to Pigeon Forge with Allen's family for spring break. There was a car show in town which made for a very crowded and painful first weekend but it ended on Sunday so we had a very nice week. For example- Allen, Anna, and I sat in traffic for over 3 hours to go 3 miles. OUCH!!! I nursed her twice in the car and changed two diapers. Considering we were stuck, she was a rock star. Allen was only with us for the first weekend because he traveled to DC for a conference. Anna and I spent the week relaxing with family, taking in some shows, shopping, and eating good food. We were gone for 9 days and guess who wore cloth diapers the whole time?! I have some flats (very thin one layer diapers that are a 30 inch square you fold up) and I did wash each night. It worked out perfectly. Right now, each diaper costs about 27 cents so I paid for the flats already after just using them for a week! I was worried about how Anna would do away from home for so long. Well, no need to worry. She was great. She napped like a champ (now that we are home she's back to not napping) and only had one really fussy spell that lasted about thirty minutes! She really is the best baby!
Anna's First Easter
We left TN to come home on Friday and my parents were already in NC to visit for the weekend. We spent the weekend running a few errands here and there and eating lots of food! We went to the early service at church for Easter and Anna slept through most of it. My sister and her boyfriend came up on Sunday for lunch. While they were here we dyed eggs and took a walk. Seems that walking around the neighborhood is becoming a holiday tradition. We took a walk Christmas Night too! Pop and Nona (no-nay) left on Monday after spending the morning playing with Anna.
You'll notice there aren't many pictures of the three of us from either trip. We are getting bad about taking family portraits. My goal is to work on that...
OHHHH !!! I forgot!! Miss Anna rolled over! Granddaddy, Great Grandmother, and I got to see her go from her tummy to her back. Ever since then we have all be encouraging her to do it again, with no success. I guess she'll do it again when she's ready.
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment