Thursday, June 16, 2011

food presentation

We presented Anna with a piece of a whole banana earlier this week and what a difference it made.  Apparently, she didn't like having it mashed for her, she wanted to do it herself.  She was also able to hold it herself and that is always a plus.  So if you aren't familiar with this little contraption, it has a mesh bag that you can put chunks of food in so that babies can gum them without fear of choking.  It seemed gimmicky but I thought I'd give it a go and she seemed happy and content to get what she could out of the banana.  I even made the comment that she must like it because it hadn't been thrown on the floor like all the other toys.  She promptly let us know she was done by throwing the sticky gooey used-to-be-a-banana on the floor.  :) Thankfully, I hadn't gotten to mopping before dinner.


It seemed to be love at first taste.

Waiting patiently while Allen moved the banana in the bag so she could get it again.



Look at how excited she was to get it back!


1 comment:

Rose Family said...

The mesh bags work great! We filled the bags with ice cubes when Kylie was teething. The coldness helped make her more comfortable!!!

 
Site Meter