Back to the post at hand - Dealing with my "new mama brain" (you know the one where you can't keep anything straight and the only thing you manage to do all day with any completion is take care of your new baby!) I lost the footprints the hospital made when Anna was born. I know bummer.... I was convinced that they were in a book I returned and even talked a GREAT friend into going to the store and looking through all the books for me. I think she looked through 6-8 books... did I mention she's a GREAT friend? Ok, maybe she just really likes Anna or thinks she's really cute but I think our friendship was part of it too. No luck at the store though so in an attempt to somehow replace them we decided to go to a local paint your own pottery shop and make some new ones. I knew nothing would replace the ones made the night she was born but at least this new set would be cute and colorful.
Here are the pictures that I didn't take but someone else did (that was probably my "new mama brain" again)
![]() |
| Look how little she was! |
![]() |
| She wasn't so sure about the cold paint on her toes. |
![]() |
| Thank goodness for the employee who helped me. Ok, she did it all but I supplied the baby feet which counts for something! |
![]() |
| My thought was a hand and a foot but Anna had other plans. She HATED us trying to do her hand print. |
![]() |
| All done! (it's a picture frame btw) |
If you have never been to a paint your own pottery place, they fire the piece for you and you can pick it up a week later. I was out of town the next week and that same great friend picked up the piece for me. She even paid for it and surprised me with it as a birthday gift. She really is great, ya know?
So about a week later..... guess what I found? Yep, the footprints from Anna's first night with us! They were tucked in papers from our childbirth class...how they got near those papers I'll never know but I'm thankful that we found them.
Do you think I should tell my friend I found them? :)





2 comments:
Hi Kate, Mommy brain will never leave! So get use to it!!!!! LOL!!!! As for telling your friend yes!! You'll both get a good laugh out of it. See you Soon!!! WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE RED RED HEAD!!! LOL JK
Cat's outta the bag... she reads my blog! :) Can't wait to see you guys either! SOON!!
Post a Comment