Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Weekend Getaway

This past weekend included a family wedding on my Dad's side and meeting a new baby on my Mom's side!! I'm so glad it worked out that we could do both things while we were visiting!  Anna had another plane trip to PA, and managed to visit by NJ and NY bringing her state list to 6!  The plane ride was a bit more challenging, and we feared we had taken Grump-a-Lump with us and not Anna.  She just was whiney the whole time - never really upset and never content.  We started our day around 9:30am and after our flight and a trip to NJ for dinner with friends we were done traveling around 10:00pm.  With that said, a whiney baby for an hour and a half flight was not too shabby!

Anna was awesome during the wedding.  She actually laid across my lap (much like the picture in the last post) during the service.  She was very quiet and well behaved!  Before the wedding started, I gave her my wedding bulletin to play with.  At one point, I looked down at the crumpled paper and thought with a smile, "This is my life for a while. Crumpled paper."  She slept during some of the reception, even when the music from the DJ was super loud.  I thought maybe the really loud dance music reminded her of Zumba while in utero.

Meeting the newest member of our family was awesome!  Maggie is so tiny and Anna was very intrigued by her.  Everyone is so happy that she's here.  My cousin is a great mom (that's a no brainer - we've had great examples), and Maggie's growing and doing well.  As I held her, I struggled to remember Anna that small. I remember moments from the hospital and those first few days (weeks) but it's so hard to really remember her as a newborn.  Especially when I look at her now.  She never stays on her belly for more than a few seconds.  As soon as you put her down she starts working on rolling over.  This constant rolling over started right when we got back from our trip.  Apparently, she didn't want to show of for the family!  She's sitting up on her own for longer and longer periods of time.  Today when I picked her up from the Y childcare, she was in an exersaucer lovin it.  It made me feel bad that we don't have one...hmm garage sale anyone?!

And now for the real reason you are here... PICTURES...

2 comments:

Tara said...

Leggins, or leg warmers, whatever you wanna call them, are by far the cutest things I've ever seen!!! Looks like everyone had a wonderful time :) Love all the pics!

leahmarieboyer said...

she has gotten so big! she is beautiful. and what a doll baby maggie is. glad you enjoyed the wedding!

 
Site Meter