We spent close to a week in Williamsburg with my family. I can't believe we finally made it there for a visit after we left the state of VA. We always said we would go sometime before we moved and then we moved so quickly (already four years ago) that it never happened. My parents' had a time share week, so we jumped at the chance to visit with them AND finally see Colonial Williamsburg. Okay, one of us had been there in middle school, but I hadn't been yet, so we weren't going to miss the chance.
We had a really nice time. It was hot, but it could have been hotter. Maybe not when we visited Jamestown, but overall it wasn't too too hot. I survived watching my family eat free ice cream at least five times...Love you guys. We managed to keep Anna from getting sunburned and kept her relatively cool. We found out that she really likes to gum on apples. We also found out that fresh apple juice can stain the cutest of shirts. Yes, apple juice stains. We watched her swim in the pool or bathtub, whichever was available. We watched the final games of the College World Series horrified as Florida beat themselves and handed over the title to that team from Columbia, SC for the second year in a row. We even had Anna in orange to cheer for the Gators. Ah well, one year of them gloating didn't kill Clemson fans, a second year shouldn't either. Even losers have to win sometime. We let Anna play in water fountains. (Read "we" as "grandparents" for this sentence.) She was fascinated by the water and enjoyed splashing. It also did wonders to keep her cool on our hottest day there. We attempted to see how many different places we could have Anna nap, change a diaper, or nurse her, etc. She was a trooper, and I think we only had one meltdown. At least I only remember one, and I'm not sure I even remember it that well. She's a great traveler, even when she seems to be bothered by some incoming teeth. That reminds me of a new game I started with her this morning. She was fussy (so unlike her) and I asked her where her teeth were (assuming this is/was the problem) and she just smiled and laughed. Every time I asked after that she would just giggle a little. Like she knew their secret location, but wasn't going to give me the information.
I haven't gone through all the pictures yet but I will one day. Maybe once those mysterious teeth are here and I have more than a minute or two of quiet. When I do, I'll post them for you to see.
Until then, I'll be holding the cutest baby ever who just wants to be near her Mama (Daddy will do too when he's home from work).
No comments:
Post a Comment