Monday, August 29, 2011

Busytown

As you’ve noticed, the blog posts are getting farther apart.   This can be attributed to a few things.  Mainly, my baby is crawling. Especially, to wherever I am.  She’s also saying “MomMomMomMom.”  Combine these two things together and I don’t get much done except to sit, smile, and play with her.  I’ve also be cleaning a lot.  A crawling baby can point out many “dirty” spots in your house that in a prior life you deemed clean.  Their little fingers can find the smallest places.  Their tongues taste just about every inch of the house.  Cleaning is a three ring circus with a crawling baby though.  Not only does she love the dirty spots, she loves everything I have to clean with.   She turns into a turbo crawler for the vacuum cleaner and the broom.  Just so she can stick those little tiny precious fingers into the bristles.  Eww.  I’ve also been rearranging.  Not only can a crawling baby point out dirty spots, but they can point out dangerous spots. (I know you are saying, “no duh” right now but it’s true.)  We’ve moved things, put things on higher shelves, and even put things away until this stage is over.   I find myself redirecting a lot.  Sometimes it’s a game and I pull a giggling baby out of the same corner five times before we go play in a different room in hopes she’ll forget about that fascinating power strip in the corner.  The fascinating power strip she can turn on and off by the way.

As I reread this post, I hope you can hear the love and see the smile on my face.  This is what raising a child is all about.  It is so amazing to watch her every day.  She learns so much.  I know that’s what babies do but WOW.   I wouldn’t change the cleaning, rearranging, redirecting for anything.  It’s all part of this awesome job I have.  Being Anna’s Mama in Busytown.
A few caught in the act photos....


3 comments:

abby said...

she does everything with her feet!!!

Tara said...

i was just going to write that abs!!! can't wait to see her again!

Christy said...

Yep, you'll just keep moving things higher ... and higher ... and higher. :)

 
Site Meter