Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Humor

Somedays being a mom means above all else having a sense of humor.  And last night I couldn’t help but laugh at myself.
Anna realized she could crawl at the end of last week and she is making sure to cover every inch of the house as quickly as she can.  Sometimes I look at Allen and say, "She's crawling! Did you see that?" Amazing.  She really is growing up. Right before our eyes.
So last night, I found a new recipe, and I was determined to try it out.  It went kinda like this…
-----

Peel a carrot.
Pull Anna out from under the couch.
Chop a carrot.

Stop Anna from playing with the fireplace.
Chop onion.

Wash hands very quickly.
Remove speaker cord from Anna’s vice like grip.

Check recipe again, laugh at myself, and wonder why I decided to try something new today.
Smile at my sweet little girl, give her a kiss, and try to soak in the moment before heading back to the kitchen for the next step.

-------

Here’s some recent pictures to give you a picture of our days.
Because upside down is more fun.


She's our e*trade baby.
  
What Mama?  I'm not doing anything!

Again, upside down is sooo much better.
 
Where's Anna?


There she is!

CRAZY hair!

Mama's water bottle is so much better than Anna's.

Already playing Wii.



1 comment:

Holly said...

I feel your pain in the cooking department, and Maggie dosent even crawl yet. I love her pics... she's so pretty. Some one said that she and I have similar features the other day when I was showing off pictures. I said it's a family thing..lol.

 
Site Meter