"Anna Noel, child of God, you have been sealed by the Holy Spirit and marked with the cross of Christ forever."
In the presence of family and close friends, Anna was baptized at our church this morning. She slept through most of the service on her Daddy, and she didn't fuss a bit during the actual baptism. She wore a gown that my mom made for me, and my greatgrandmother embellished with hand stitched flowers. So that's Anna's grandmother and great-great grandmother. The bonnet Anna wore today is made out of a handkerchief that she can carry as something old on her wedding day. I had one and did this too. Anna also used a baptismal blanket that my Gma made for all of my cousins to use. I'm grateful for all these heirlooms because it brought all those family members who couldn't physically be with us today there in spirit.
After the service we had a small lunch at the house with our family and friends. Anna was a gracious host and mingled with the guests as happy as could be until she got hungry. :) Thankfully lunch turned out well because it will be dinner as well! We just had coldcuts and lots of side salads. I made southern style potato salad for the first time. Yum.
Overall it was a great day. I'm really glad that so many members of our family could be here to witness this special event and celebrate with Anna. Thank you all.
As a Mama the moment I will remember forever was when the assistant minister gave Aunt Abby a lit candle for Anna and said, "Anna, let your light so shine before others......" I don't really remember any more than that because the candle caught Anna's attention and she focused in on it. It was a really neat moment. I teared up, hence not remembering all the words, and tried to soak up the moment so the memory can last forever.
She's so precious to me. And to God.
Here are some more pictures from the weekend -
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Looks like it was a wonderful weekend and "Special Day"- Congratulations!!
Post a Comment