![]() |
| Anna's partner in crime. |
We enjoyed lunch and hanging out with friends on a very raining Saturday. I guess a trip to the zoo or a baseball game will be for next time we see them. Honestly, just hanging out was really nice. I'm sure the kids didn't know the difference! I really wanted to take pictures of the babies together...but it seemed if one was happy the other was either sleeping or fighting sleep, in other words, grumpy. So it just didn't happen this time. I'm sure there will be plenty of chances in the future.
We had an awesome dinner made by the best hibachi chef/meteorologist/pyrotechnician/comedian, I know. He made jokes about the weather while making an awesome meal. ;) Unfortunately, the weather put a damper on the pyrotechnics....maybe next time? Anyway, it was a good visit with Abby and Marc. Anna, of course, provided lots of entertainment....actually her spit up show on Aunt Abby's shirt, sweater, pants, sock, and kitchen floor could be a sub for the missing fireworks in Marc's repertoire. Maybe she's his understudy?!
![]() |
| Girl, who does your hair? I have to know! |
![]() |
| Wait, she looks like my Mama but there's my Mama... |
We had lots of time with Allen's family too. Allen, his brother, and our nephew played basketball Friday night until it was pitch black. I really don't know how they could see the goal let alone each other to play as long as they did. There was also lots of Mario Karting with Carson once the rain started. We enjoyed going to church with my in-laws on Sunday. Three years ago the ceiling of their sanctuary fell down, and this past Sunday was their first time worshiping back in there. The church took the "opportunity" to do lots of renovations when the ceiling fell, and it looked really nice. We had a great lunch ,which left us wondering why we don't cook steak. Why don't we? Oh - because I'm scared of buying it. Where to start? I think a good place to start would be the local butcher shop that sells grass fed beef at a great price but then there's the question of what to buy and how to cook it so until I find my big girl pants, we'll just enjoy steak elsewhere.
![]() |
| Anna's dinner seat. |
![]() |
| She "rootshed" so much she ended up like this. |
I gotta go, Anna has been sleeping since we got home from lunch and I'm sure she's going to wake up soon. Yes, that means she's in her carseat but I'm not going to argue with an hour and a half nap wherever it is! I need to take advantage of this time and get a few chores done. Although, right when I start doing something productive, she's bound to wake up.
** Just to clarify...the only thing about the weekend that was failure was the lack of pictures to document great times!





1 comment:
Dan & I think that flank steak is the way to go! It is relatively inexpensive, but flavorful, easy, and also pretty lean, so healthy as far as steak goes. We simply marinate it in italian dressing (overnight if we remember to get it ready in time), then we pop it on the grill. (We like it medium rare to medium, and you have to slice it thinly.) TRY IT. You won't be sorry.
More tips: http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/grilled_marinated_flank_steak/
Post a Comment