Thursday, March 24, 2011

a girl and her blankie

We've noticed lately that Anna loves to hold on.

Anything she can get - your shirt, your arm, your fingers, her burp cloth, her knees, her feet...  This especially happens with cloth when she is tired.  She will often rub it against her cheek or put it over her face when she is trying to fall asleep.  I found myself constantly taking things away from her because I was afraid what she might do her her desperate attempt to sleep.  That's where her blankie comes in. It is lightweight and the company claims it is breathable.  The fact that you can see through it made me think that this claim was probably true. But not wanting to take someone else word for my daughter's safety, I tested it out.  Must have been a sight.  A grown woman holding a little blankie over her face trying to see if she could breath through it.  As you can see from the pictures I decided it was ok. As soon as the blankie was clean and it was nap time, we tested it out.


I wish you could see her with it when she's trying to fall asleep.  I had to take pictures of her playing with it awake because the camera shutter startles her when she's falling asleep.  She holds it next to her cheek, under her chin, next to her other cheek, over her face, on her belly.  She smells it, licks it, listens to it.  She spreads it out, she balls it up, she waves it in the air.  It's precious to watch.

 



2 comments:

R. Schreiter said...

As long as she likes the silk.

Tara said...

second pic is my favorite! she's getting such a personality!

 
Site Meter