Monday, February 7, 2011

banANNA pudding

out little banANNA.
I made banANNA pudding for the first time this weekend.  It's probably my least favorite dessert, ever.  But I know it's a favorite of many including my husband.  I called his parents and got the recipe so I could make it just like his Mom makes it. Turns out it's a recipe from his Great-Grandmother, that his Grandmother made as well as his Mom.  Pretty neat!  I was writing down the ingredients while I was talking to my MIL on the phone and I kept waiting for the box of pudding ingredient.  Silly me - this is the real deal.  Homemade all the way.  Nothing from a box in this pudding.  OK - the Nilla wafers are from a box but I'll let them slide because they are the one good thing about this dessert.  However, the key to this dessert is making sure the Nilla wafers are good and soggy, so scratch that.  I mixed up all the ingredients and brought it to a boil on the stove while we layered bananas and wafers.  As Allen poured the homemade custard into the bowl, I tried not to cry while I watched all those wonderful cookies get ruined and he had to wipe the drool off his face.   The pudding was our contribution at the Super Bowl party last night. It was a hit, and we brought less than a serving home. Allen said more than once, "Really good, babe. Really good."  Mission accomplished.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Love the outfit...she looks yummy enough to eat herself!!

R. Schreiter said...

Is this her second costume?

 
Site Meter