Well, I'm stuck between wonderful and fantastic!
Sounds great, right? So why do I use the word stuck?
Let me explain...
Each and every day, we are greeted by a smiley baby.She is full of life and love. Her face lights up when when sees us. She snuggles with us. She wraps her arm around my side when shes nursing and rests it on my back. She talks with us. Oh, can this girl talk?! She needs our all but in giving it all we receive it back ten fold. I can't get enough of the wonderful now.

But there's the future, the fantastic future! We have many things planned in the next few months for this little one. First, there's her baptism at the beginning of March. Lots of people will be in town to celebrate with us. My grandparents are even flying down for their first visit to our home here. My parents, in-laws, and sister are all driving in as well. Then in April, there's a vacation with Allen's family to Gatlinburg. If all goes as planned, we will be there with his grandmother, his parents, and his aunt and uncle's family as well! In May, I have one cousin getting married AND one cousin expecting a baby girl. So of course we will be traveling home for all that fun! In June, we have a trip to Williamsburg with my family. Never been and excited to go! In July, we have a beach week planned with my cousins. Just like when we were kids - oh yeah! See what I mean about the fantastic future?
So that's why I'm stuck. I want to live in the moment and cherish every second with Anna (and Allen) but I'm looking forward to so many things, I'm almost wishing away the very moments I want to cherish.
Here's the deal - We can't stop time. And that's good and bad. Maybe I'll touch on the bad side another day. But the good side of that is that all those plans I just listed are eventually going to be the now moments to cherish. So, if I just enjoy now now, I'll eventually enjoy it all without missing a thing!
Sounds easy.
I think.




1 comment:
Looks like miss Anna loves to sleep on her tummy!! Enjoy every moment because it sure does go by fast.
Post a Comment