Friday, February 18, 2011

A Test

Every relationship is at some point tested to see just how strong it is.

Every relationship including mine.

My relationship with cloth diapers.

That test was this morning.  After 9 weeks of using cloth 99% of the time, we had our first mess.  To all those people I bragged about the lack of blowouts in cloth, this is for you.


To be fair, every relationship is a two way street.  There is give and take. Enough blame to go all around when something goes awry.  What I'm saying is that I can't blame only the diaper for the mess.  Let me set the stage - We went to bed around 11:00 last night, I nursed Anna around 2 and again at 6.   Diapers changes at 2 and 6 of course.  Well that diaper change at 6 caused all the problems....  So how could I blame it all on the cloth when I was half asleep while changing her? :)

So our relationship lives on.  As strong as yesterday.  However, wiser and perhaps more in touch with reality.

No pictures of the mess, the bath, afterwards, or the happy sleeping baby I have at the moment, can you blame me?  Who want's poop on your camera??

Here's a picture from that boatload I took the other day...

















Enough for now - It's DWD (diaper wash day) but before that fun we are off to the Library for Baby & Me.

1 comment:

abby said...

this might be my new favorite picture!

 
Site Meter