Tuesday, February 8, 2011

T-I-Double G - er

Anna's been in our room and we are starting to make the transition to her crib in her room.  It's going to be a very slow and sleepless process.  Slow because she isn't always keen on the idea and sleepless because we can't stop peaking at her. 

Sunday we decided to take a nap and thought it was the perfect opportunity to test out her crib.  Anna loves warmth and since her room faces south it was nice and toasty.  We laid her down in her crib and she was wide awake and kicking like crazy. I don't remember who got Tigger out but one of us put him down next to her and she zeroed in on him so we snuck out. 

Since she's been in our room, we really haven't used the monitor yet so we thought this nap would be a good trial run.  So we turned it on and laid down.  Both of us were quite for a minute or two and then we just couldn't help but comment on how happy she sounded through the monitor.  We could hear the rattle in Tigger which meant she was playing with him, we could hear her talking to Tigger, and we could her her legs kicking.  (Side note - sometimes it looks like she is trying to run in place because her legs are moving so fast.) I couldn't believe it, we were using up precious nap time talking about how sweet she sounds.  We quieted down again but no sooner had that happened when Allen jumped up and said, "I gotta see this!"  Well if he was going to peak, I wasn't going to be the one caught napping!

There we were - two grown adults sneaking out of our room and peaking into the next room to see just what our girl was up to.  She was just as happy as could be.  Allen started mimicking her sounds which just got her talking more.  I'm not sure if she thought it was Tigger talking or what.  She loves to talk back to us.  Now that I typed that out, I think we may have a problem on our hands as she gets older!  But for now, we make all the sounds she makes back at her and it keeps her going and going.  It's so much fun.  She gets excited and smiles as she coos, gargles, shrieks, laughs, clicks, raspberries, etc. 

Once we had satisfied our curiosity, we crawled (did I mention we were crawling to stay low and out of her sight?) back to our room and laid down again.   Laying down lasted less time than the first time!  We were up again going to peak because it sounded like so much fun in there!  She was right where we had left her doing the same thing we had just witnessed but we couldn't help ourselves.  She's just so fun!  It makes my heart swell to watch her.  The smiles and the sounds are pure joy at its finest.  Well, you can guess what happened next - I couldn't resist, I had to get the camera.  Capturing my daughter's pure joy sounded like the type of challenge I'd skip a nap for. 

So like I said - it's going to be a slow and sleepless process!


Taken from our hiding place in the hall.


I gave up on hiding.  This picture was taken in plain sight!
The end of the story is funny - it has nothing to do with Anna but everything at the same time.  We never did get a nap.  When we laid down the third time the happy baby in the next room only lasted a few minutes.  She started fussing and quickly worked her way up into a full scream.  Allen went to get her calmed down and turned the monitor off when he went in there.  I was being lazy and didn't get up to turn the part in our room off.  As I laid there trying to at least get a few minutes of rest, I heard the receiver making weird feedback sounds. It sounded just like a bird.  The kind of bird people have as a pet.  I thought it was funny and when Allen came into our room with Anna I said, "Listen, that sounds like a bird."  We listened to it fora  few minutes and then all of the sudden we heard a bird, a baby, and an adult!!  We were picking up someone else's transmitter!!  I jumped up and turned it off, I felt guilty eavesdropping even it wasn't my fault! We made a note to change the channel next time we use the monitor.  I wonder if anyone heard Anna and Tigger talking?

No comments:

 
Site Meter