A few weeks ago, I made a decision that was both one of the easiest and hardest of my life. I decided to not go back to my job and stay home with Anna. I became a SAHM. A Stay At Home Mom.
I could not be happier. As any parent knows, babies aren’t babies long. I can’t believe how much Anna has grown and developed already, and I’m thrilled to be able to take it all in.
I think that I am more surprised than most at my final decision. I wouldn’t have thought I’d be one of them. But now that I am, it makes total sense.
Like I said, it was the easiest and hardest decision I’ve made thus far. Easy because who wouldn’t want to stay at home with your precious baby all day? Easy because once Anna was here, I couldn’t see myself doing anything else. Easy because my husband supported me in the decision. Completely. Hard because I had to turn in my notice and stop working with some great friends. However, now they are just friends and not coworker friends! Sounds better, doesn’t it? Hard because it seemed silly (almost stupid) to lose an income right when our family started growing. But that’s why we’ve saved all these years (almost 7) that we’ve been married. If you didn’t know, I’m a cheap. My mom would say frugal. But really, I’m cheap. Thankfully I love to save money. Most days I’d rather save than spend. Ha – Allen knows that’s true but teases me after shopping sprees anyway. So with a few more coupons and being a bit more cheap frugal, we’ll be just fine.
So here we are starting on a new adventure together. Mama and Anna. Bring on story time at the Library, swimming at the Y, volunteering with Church, and anything else you can think of.
Bring it all on.
The tears.
The smiles. Most definitely bring those on.
I want it all.
4 comments:
Hey Nice Shirt!!! LOL
For SAHMs everywhere, welcome to the ranks! :) There will be days when you will wish that you could go to work (if for nothing else, to have a lunch break. Oh the luxury of two hands, a computer and a whole free hour!), but as you said, the baby days go by much too quickly, and I feel very blessed to be able to stay home with my little guy.
i second the above comment :)
I never thought I would be a SAHM and am marveled at how God made it all work out and made it clear that this was best for our family. You'll enjoy these times a lot.
Post a Comment