Wednesday, January 12, 2011

3 Topics

I struggled to name this post, because there were so many topics wrapped up in one.

Options included -
Finally some sun!
Total Distraction
Red, Red, Red hair.


Finally some sun!
As you've heard, seen, or lived through, the South was hit with some winter weather this week.  Schools have been closed all week and the roads only look ok today, three days after the storm.  We got a few inches here and then quite a bit of ice on top.  The ice and continued cold temps are causing all the problems now.  We enjoyed being "snowed" in at the beginning of the week but we were happy to see the sun shining today.  Anna LOVES to sleep in the sun.  This is a bad habit she inherited from me. I used to sleep in the living room at my parents house on the floor by the floor to ceiling windows all the time.  It's so cozy in the sun. Anna's pack n play moves around with the sun from room to room and where ever it ends up gets called her sunroom.







Total Distraction
So today when Allen laid Anna down in her sunroom, she was so cute I had to get the camera out.  This is where the distraction comes into play.  How am I supposed to get work down when she is sleeping or better yet sleep while she is sleeping when she looks like this?  Seriously, I wish there was a camera attached to my face so I could capture every look, smile, gesture, etc. that I see everyday.  Wouldn't that be fabulous?  I would be able to capture each sweet moment I share with her throughout the day to remember these times forever.  The camera is never in the right room and if it is in the right room it's out of reach.  I'm sure you think we have taken plenty of pictures but to addicts like us, there's always one more to take.  When she's asleep and the light is right, it's so tempting to snap away.  It is our chance to play with the camera in an attempt to get that perfect shot.  One thing I always try to capture is the hair, the style, the fluffiness, and of course the color.  Today the conditions were perfect for the hair.







Red, Red, Red hair.
Every day that passes brings out more red in her hair.  At first it only looked red in certain light, then it also looked red when it was freshly washed and fluffy, and then it started looking red in more types of light especially daylight, and now well it looks red most of the time because well, look at it!

Both of us had strawberry blond hair at some point growing up and there are relatives spread out
throughout both our family trees with red hair.  We knew red hair was a possibility and often joked about our little red head.  There is no denying it - she is here and she has red hair. 

Hope she likes it too!







No comments:

 
Site Meter