Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Early Retirement

A few of Anna's newborn outfits have been forced into early retirement by the cloth diapers.  She doesn't fill them out but there's a lot of diaper fluff taking up space! In fact, take away the diaper and there's nothing to hold on to. She's very lanky.  Not many baby fat rolls yet.  Just a few on her legs - 5 on the left and 4 on the right.  Yes, I counted - she's cute wouldn't you?  Thinking about it now, she has a big belly too but really she'd fit in all of the newborn clothes if not for the cloth diapers.  The diaper fluff is cute but it certainly is a part of Anna now. The fluff even comes into play when it's not there. We given up on baths for Anna.  Don't worry she's not a dirty baby - she gets showers now.  So much easier and she doesn't mind them at all.  The only hard part is no diaper fluff means no handle. She doesn't squirm much in there, and this is good because she's so slippery without a handle it is tough!

Anyway back to the early retirement - I had to put away newborn size onesies because of the fluff.

Or so I thought.

Yesterday while running errands I had to change her diaper and I only had a disposable in the diaper bag so that's what she got.  I commented to Allen later that we had better finish up the last few newborn disposables because they don't fit so well anymore.  Hmm.

And then this morning we had Anna's one month check up - early retirement- HA - this girl is growing like crazy!!! It is flat out retirement for the newborn stuff.  At birth Anna weighed in at 6 lbs 10 oz.  Leaving the hospital she was 6 lbs 2 oz. 

So how much do you think she weighs now a month later? 

8 lbs 15oz!! That's one ounce shy of 9 lbs. 

No wonder some clothes don't fit! Woah Anna - no more worrying if she's getting enough breastmilk. :)  I guess I should give those few fat rolls on her legs and her big belly some of the credit for retiring those outfits.

I can't say that moving on to new clothes makes me sad - it's kinda exciting - there's cute things in the closet in the 0-3 month size.  (These outfits are in part to some of you readers- Thanks!) 

Maybe as more of these first outfits get too small, I'll feel a tug at my heart but for now I'm just really excited!  Go Anna!






















Look at that hair - ha!   "Girl, your hair is ridiculous."

4 comments:

Jess said...

She's precious! They grow so fast :)

Anonymous said...

Look at the red head!!!! She has POP-POP's hair. LOL His does the same thing after it's washed.

-k- said...

Yes - We've called her Eddie once or twice! I did tell her she was NOT allowed to take as much time as he does getting ready in the morning. :)

R. Schreiter said...

Yes, she is a little Eppie

 
Site Meter