Many of you asked if we had a name picked out throughout our pregnancy and our standard answer was - No.This was pretty true. We didn't agree on many names - luckily we only had to agree on one. I would toss names out as suggestions and get some of the funniest looks. Honest, they weren't that weird, I'm a traditional name kind of person. We both wanted something that we would call them on an every day basis - we didn't want to give them one name and call them something else. I'm drawn to short names. Classic names. Names that have some meaning. We (I) thought about using a family name, but we didn't agree on any of those.
Here's a conversation from one morning when I was about 6 or 7 months pregnant -
A- I shouldn't tell you this but...K- What? Was I snoring again? (my constant fear towards the end of pregnancy)
A- I had a dream that we named her Anna Noel.
K- Do you like it? (I liked it.)
A- Yea, I like it.K- Do we have a name?
A- I think so.
So that day I Googled it of course - no weird results came up. I also wrote it - it looked good. I wrote her initials and her monogram to make sure they didn't spell something awful or embarrassing. I also said it a million and one times. Did I like it? Did it work with our last name? Could I imagine saying, whispering, yelling it, cheering it,etc. Yes, Yes, and Yes!!
I think the best part about this name is the meaning. I didn't look at meanings to pick a name, but at the same time I was always interested in the meaning of names I liked. So, what does Anna mean? Depends on where you look for an exact definition, but grace is always invovled.
Meanings of Anna -
Grace or Favor, Gracious or Merciful, One who gives, Full of Grace
elegance or beauty of form, favor or good will, mercy, the freely given, unmerited favor and love of God.
Perfect. Anyway you look at it, what a beautiful message to give her at the moment of her birth for her to carry throughout her life.
So Anna, there you have it. Your daddy named you and we couldn't be happier with you OR your name.

No comments:
Post a Comment