Monday, January 17, 2011

New Friends & Great-Grandmothers

This past weekend we took our first road trip with Anna, and more importantly survived!  The two hour car ride there was super easy, and she slept the whole way.  Our first night in a different house went smoothly, if you consider five nursing sessions in ten hours smooth!  Ha - it actually went really well, she was just a bit hungry.  Allen had a meeting all day in Clemson on Friday, so Anna and I watched TV.  Since this is a luxury that we don't have at home, I vegged and flipped between TLC shows and Teen Mom 2 on MTV.  I know it's trash but it was like a car accident, I couldn't look away.  I'm not sure I'm cut out for watching any baby shows on TLC anymore. Everytime a baby was born I teared up - is this how it is for moms forever? Or is it just new moms?

Friday afternoon we took Anna to meet one of her Great-Grandmothers.  Allen's Grandmother is going to be 88 next weekend, and Anna is her ninth (I think) great grandchild.  It is so fun introducting Anna to family members.  I'm very proud of my roles within my family - I love being a wife, a daughter, a sister, a niece, a cousin, a granddaughter, and now a mom.  It makes my heart happy to think about where I fit into my family.  I love all the relationships and connections I have with them.  The memories that go with each role fill my mind and heart with such happy thoughts.  I think this is one of the most important things we can give Anna, and it's already been given, a special place within our family.  She now is a daughter, a niece, a cousin, a granddaughter, and a great granddaughter.   I hope that when she's my age she will take as much pride as I do in each of those roles, and that she will have as many happy memories as I do.

Friday night we had dinner with some great friends, and introduced Anna to a new friend.  They have a little boy who is almost five months old, and he was so intrigued by Anna.  He is one of the most smiley kids, if not the most smiley kid I have ever met.  As soon as we walked in, he flashed his gorgeous smile.  Combine his smile with his sparkly eyes, the girls are going to have trouble resisting his charm! :)  Anyway, he was very interested in Anna whether she was fussy or calm, he watched her.  We took pictures and got a good one but I couldn't resist this one where Anna stole everyone's attention away from the camera guys.  We've got our hands full with this little one.  But maybe we started that with with all the pictures....
 


The two kids are off to a great friendship - they are already sharing!  Anna got to try out his swing while we were visiting and it was love at first site. It was such a bad case that Anna is now the proud owner of a swing.  With an awesome deal, a coupon, and a gift card, the swing cost us all of $1.53!  I guess since we bought a swing like our friends have you could say, "we are keeping up with the Joneses!"  haha Anyway, the kids are only a few months apart and I can't wait until they can really play together - it should be fun!  Wonder which one will talk more?




2 comments:

abby said...

Look at you 'coupon saving mom'! Looks like a great visit, why didn't you include when AA took her to her first 'bar' ?! :)

-k- said...

Somehow I forgot about my daughter's aunt taking her to a bar!

 
Site Meter